26 March 2012

3 Things.

1st. I do not want to do my final projects, or my senior project, or anything else, except watch "Once Upon a Time" episode __ with Meesh. I just added that last line, it was unexpected. I am, however, grateful that I do not have any FINALS. Projects are tons of work, but my kind of work.

2nd. This:

OKAY, instantback! What is your problem?! I've wasted like 10 prints on you. BUT I realized 2 things... which were.... um maybe it was only one. There's this little attachment that goes inside in front of the shutter, which apparently reduces the amount of light that comes in (because this film is like 800 ISO or something).

Sooo I was thinking it wasn't getting enough light, but it may have been the opposite... which is why my dark ringflash shot of my face came out (scroll down a few posts). Anyway. I'll work on it. It's a big commitment to put a whole roll of film in there. The one thing I like about these shots is that one is a lovely abstract, and the other looks like a meteor about to hit earth. Yeah nbd I took a picture of space.

3rd. This:
[my two loves wrapped up in one book]
It's so fun to cross-translate. It helps me remember both languages.

OKAAAAY fine, there's a 4th.

My chlorophyll prints are working!!! 2 of them I might have taken down too soon, and they're casting themselves in resin right now (which seriously might kill me tonight... fumes!). I left the rest up and hopefully the sun will come out so they can develop for the next ... I'm going to give it 5 days, maybe. Cool.

PEACE OUT

P.S. did I mention I'm graduating in like 11 days?! And everything is so crazy, the stress of the last semester has been pushing me over the edge and made me really ultra sensitive and my emotions are all over the place. I will admit that I've started to lose sight of the value of everything I'm doing... everything I aaammmm... okay, moving on.

1 comment:

Annie said...

dear laurel.
are you majoring in graphic design? i just found you. and all internet content of you. love you,
annie