03 March 2012

Diana+ Instant Back!

My first successful shot with my InstantBack for my Diana F+ ... yay!



Problems
-Shots do NOT come out in low lighting... even slightly low lighting! Sunny days only apparently (we'll have to test it out)
-My ring flash does not fit on the Diana while the instant back is attached. That's a real shame.

Solutions
-The flash was my solution to the low lighting. Since it wouldn't clamp on, I had to just hold it there haphazardly, which actually worked alright. It will be a pain down the road though. [note: this was shot with a blue filter on the ringflash]

Observations

-It's hard to tell how many delightful light leaks and how much vignetting with work with the instant back. I might just prefer 120 film with it.
-I was super pleased and surprised that a double exposure came out of this. I expected that ONE SHOT is all you get, but this was a lovely accident. Yay!
- :)

Peace out, world of non-readers. I think I'll redesign this [web]log to be lighter and more conducive to photo-posting (not to mention, I'd like to start a new series here soon.... ), and happier.

Thank you, John Williams, for the Jurassic Park Theme Song.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey I'm a reader!

laurel said...

Yay! I love you, Beth!