04 June 2009

That's bull.

First of all, unrelated to bull, do yourself a favor and go listen to "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order. That song... is incredible. I feel so happy every time I listen to it. Especially really loud, driving in a stick, accelerating really fast, windows down, in my own world, making people wonder why the heck I'm so happy. They never would know that it's the seule doing of a song. One song. That's success to me. On the flight to Dublin, I watched the British film about Ian Curtis. You know, that is a sad story, and Joy Division certainly had a deal to contribute to the musical world, but look what they came back as! Way to grow out of a tragedy. I love New Order. "Regret" is also meaningful to me.

Now, this IS bull. I'm really angry at Threadless. What is their problem anyway? They used to sell their t-shirts for $12. Now they're $18. Yeah, it's true that they're better quality. But they also charge $6.95 for the cheapest shipping. That's insane. Those shirts are so light. A couple dollars at the most. My $10 "on sale" t-shirt ended up being almost $20. Twice as much? That's ridiculous. But that's not what bugs me the most. I don't even want to submit my product pictures anymore. Here's the newest set of rules that they've laid down for them:

Unfortunately your photograph was not accepted into the Threadless gallery. Your submission may have been declined if 3/4 of the design was not visible, there was nobody wearing the tee shirt, your face wasn't 3/4 visible(above the eyes down), the photo is not right side up, the photo is reversed(a mirror shot), a filter was used, or of a really low quality. You can only submit one gallery photo per design and should submit different photos for each shirt. We cannot post the same picture for multiple designs, even if there are several designs in the photo.

If you're having a cropping issue you need to resize your photo yourself to the requested 380x272pixels

Thank you,
Threadless.com

Well, screw you. Thank you for taking away ALL of my artistic liscense. Do you really think, with those rules, I'm going to get any photograph that you like so much you'd actually pay me $15 for it? I guarentee that the pictures have lost qualitiy and artistry because of these ridiculous rules. It's really, really frustrating. Everytime I make sure that I'm fulfilling their requirements, but have finally made an interesting photograph, my shot gets declined and I see that they've made the rules even stricter. If they're really worried about people cheating the system, why don't they just program an automatic checker to see if they've purchased the shirt (and if it's received as a gift, just have them put the order number in, like they make you do anyway for multiple photos)? I'm just tired of people who insist on uncreative work. I'm just trying to make the photographs fit the theme of the shirt. Generally. Whatever. Threadless is just making me mad. They've completely let their popularity go to their heads. Jerks.

2 comments:

Kacey Kate said...

kick em in the balls.

Anonymous said...

haha I miss your ranting! :) Also I love Kacey and that comment she posted...it so her...I miss our apartment!