11 June 2009

Happy Things

I've been able to hang out with my mom a lot since I've gotten home from Europe. I love that girl so much. She's so awesome. I just feel like she's become such a good friend in the last several years. We go hiking together, watch movies together, talk about books, make plans, and laugh all the time. For the most part, Dad isn't a big fan of my music, so I don't really play it around him. But mom likes the music mixes I make for her, and sometimes I catch her dancing in her seat when my music's on. She jokes now more than ever and sometimes we see or hear something and bust up laughing at the same time. And last night I accidentally sent my text to her instead of Twitter, and she thought it was funny, so as she walked out of the room to go to bed, she texted me, "Nite." Hahaha. I swear she gets younger every year. And you know, it's not just that. Sometimes I get frustrated with her (she's family, right? Cause it makes perfect sense to get angry at the people you love most... I'm an idiot.), but she takes it and lets me get over it when I need that time, or else puts me in my place. It means a lot to have someone who supports and loves me so much, who is proud of my freakish quirkiness and really believes that I am unstoppable. There's nothing like a mother. And definitely nothing like this one. I could go onnnn but I'll let you find out for yourself. She's completely awesome.

Today she made wheat bread from wheat she ground herself, and it's the best frickin thing in the world. I had it with honey from Mike and Katie's bees in Concord. Holy homemade heaven bread!

I... was about to start a huge paragraph about personally meaningful nothingness, but I changed my mind. I'm going to bed. Goodnight world!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love your Momma too.