03 January 2012

Is that a cake or a purse?



Before I begin, I just need to post this video.... to remind the world of this awesome song. Because I love it.

Secondly, frosting sucks. That's the first of my points. Or, the second, I guess. Now, when you have a craving for cake (which I rarely do--I'm more of a pie person), what do you picture? Do you picture princesses and real-life objects and cartoons? Because if I ever have a craving for the normal fluffy type of cake, it's for a storebought box of Funfetti cake (baked to the perfect moist-icity), with Rainbow Chip frosting on top. Never in my life would I picture what most cake artists make today.

I think that the cakes made today for special occasions are probably 20% cake, 80% fondant. Now, understand, I have nothing against the cake artists themselves. They are clearly very talented. Yesterday, I was speaking with a friend who informed me that she started her own cake business. She gave me her business card. Today I looked it up. She definitely has talent with cakes, and I was pretty impressed. But, I can't understand what person would commission her to make some of those cakes. Feast your eyes:



That HAS to be real pleather.



Every part of this is edible. Couldn't they have just bought them a real bottle of wine? Who asks to have a cake like this? But, excellent! I've always wanted edible grapes! ....Hm.

Photos taken from www.sugarmethis.com. She's really good, so go ahead and try her out if you have an event coming up.

No comments: