07 July 2012

Oreo is the New Cranberry.


I'm sure that many of you remember Brian Regan's skit about cranberries. To highlight: "I don't know what in the hell's going on with cranberries, but they're getting in all the other juices. Whoever the salesman is for cranberries is doing a great job. He’s showing up everywhere. Hey, what do you got, some apples? Put some cranberries in there. We’ll call it cran-apple and go 50-50. What do you got grapes? How about cran-grape. What do you got mangos? Cran-mango. What do you got pork chops? Cran-chops. Why don't you back off, cran-man. Why don't you take your sales trophy and have a vacation."

As of late, I have observed the inclusion of OREOs in everything. I don't actually like Oreos on their own, but I do like them in other things. However... I feel that this is getting ridiculous. This is only a small sampling. Please observe:


And it starts....


I will admit that this is rather good.


 Wow.... that's going a little far.

Explosion is right....


I noticed this yesterday at 6 Flags. Wow... it's not even like the oreos are a part of this one. They're just crumbled on top. Maybe we should all just carry a bag of Oreo crumble with us and throw it into anything we eat or drink.


This is my all-time favorite. For those of you unfamiliar with Chicago, there is a Dunkin Donuts on every single corner, and in between. I saw this ad and almost barfed. The Oreo infiltration has officially reached a level of disgust unequaled by many American traditions.


"I don't know what in the hell's going on with Oreos, but they're getting in all the other foods. Whoever the salesman is for Oreos is doing a great job. He’s showing up everywhere. Hey, what do you got, some ice cream? Put some Oreos in there. We’ll call it Oreo ice cream and go 50-50. What do you got granola bars? How about Oreo granola bars? What do you got donuts? Oreo dounuts. What do you got pork chops? Oreo chops. Why don't you back off, Oreo-man. Why don't you take your sales trophy and have a vacation."

No comments: