05 August 2009

Rocks Tonic Juice Magic

I'm mad at my website.

While I was in Idaho I spent TEN HOURS STRAIGHT working on it in the iComm office (felt like old times...), and got it to be exactly how I wanted it (for the time I had at least). It even put to the net correctly; I checked it on like 3 computers. So I was feeling great, and the next day, I wanted to look at it again, for the satisfaction or something stupid, and it was wrong. I don't understand. Only the homepage is wrong, and everything else is right. But the homepage links to all these other pages that I don't want up there. If you click on anything, and then click "home," that links to the correct homepage. I don't understand why the other page is up. Especially since I deleted all of the other pages--they don't even exist, but somehow they're still showing up? This probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. I spent 3 hours doing everything I could to fix the problem, and I still don't know why it's happening. Whatever. People don't understand why I want my website fixed before I leave either. They think it's pointless, but hey I want my site as updated as it can be, you know? I mean it's out there, it might as well look presentable. I know no one will look me up while I'm gone, but it still bugs me. Anyway, if you happen to visit my website, just go to one page and then click "home" to get my reeeal site. Annoying. But I don't have time to fix it, and I've already done everything I can think of. But pssst I have favicons now! Yes!

Weddings... the hard thing about Mormon culture is that sometimes engagements stop being exciting. Actually, very often. It's hard not to think, "oh, another one." So many people get married (which is great, cool, essential to life, [but]) that I stop getting excited by it sometimes. I could even say that it's exhausting. Usually when it's someone close to me I get more excited, though. I guess it makes sense for me not to be excited for people I don't even know that well. I love it when there are two awesome people, and I love both of them, and they decide to marry each other. I'm like, "yes. Yes, this will be great." My best friend's brother just got married, and that was actually really cool and fun. They'd been dating for 2 years (call me crazy, but I get a lot more excited by a 2-year relationship than a 4-month one...), and he baptized her a while back and they waited to be married so that they could be sealed in the temple. It was a very happy occasion.

My best friend (I guess I have a few of those), a.k.a. other half and sister Debbie, is getting married in 9 days. It definitely hasn't hit me. At ALL. I've been doing tons for the wedding, I've seen her in her wedding dress (I had a 4 second teary moment that passed) ... it just really hasn't hit me. We haven't been together all summer since we backpacked Europe, and we're having fun now that she's home, but no matter how much I try to think about it, I can't picture her really being gone. I know nothing will ever be the same again. I don't know when it will hit me. Maybe in the temple on the actual day. It had better. Otherwise, I'll leave on my mission for 18 months, and when I get back, everything will be different. Baaah why can't it hit me?

There are probably more interesting things for me to write about right now. Remember when I planned on always contributing something to make my web presence more meaningful? I know. I kind of fail. But here's something cool. I mostly am excited that I know where Ljubljana is, thanks to my memorizing capitals endeavor.

<- click me!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?ggljub01.wav=Ljubljana (if you don't know how to pronounce Ljubljana)

I didn't know that the online dictionary does pronunciations, but I think it's a fun discovery. So great!

Rocks Tonic Juice Magic - Saves the day it's just good.

No comments: