03 July 2009

From me, to my [very] small world.

As I sit listening to Xymox and trying to convince myself that I don't need to drink a Naked Juice Green Machine at 2:30 in the morning, I think about my favorite discoveries on the internet. My favorite [web]logs (yes, I still hate the abbreviated word), statuses (that is the correct word in American English) and tweets are the ones that share interesting findings on the web. @rainnwilson has had some great ones, and some my friends (kooky, eccentric, and the most interesting) have an impressive ability to find things online that I am fascinated (slash amused slash pleased) by.

It's a principle [my principles are more my pals than my principals have ever been] that I'm trying to adopt. If you're going to have a web presence, contribute. I'm trying to contribute by spreading what I think is interesting. The fact that I only have three followers on both my [web]logs combined is sad, but doesn't really bother me, and hasn't been the reason for these thoughts. It actually started with Twitter. Why do people want to know what I'm doing? Why would they care? My life really isn't that interesting. I appreciate it when people tweet about things that have meaning beyond their own interest.

Yes, I will still tweet about what I'm doing in my very unexciting life. I will still write posts about what is happening in my world and how this has somehow affected my life philosophy. And, most likely, no one will read these. But I hope that I can discover things that fascinate slash amuse slash please me, and share them with my [very] small world.

<-- Click me!
Apparently this is in Praha. Another confirmation (they come nearly daily) that I need to spend a good 3+ weeks in my favorite city in the world (aside from home). I left too soon, I left too soon.

This happened to me (last year). I don't even know why I still have an anti-virus program. I only used it because I had a problem which ended up being with the monitor. Anyway, I got this email from Norton, saying that my year subscription was up, and that they had (I paraphrase) taken the liberty of charging my card and renuing my subscription. I was like, "excuse me??" But I didn't do anything about it because I decided I wanted to renue it. It was majorly out of line on their part, though. I'm glad someone pushed the issue. [AntiVirus Article]

I've been making changes to my [web]log to make it prettier... does anyone know how to make the space between the header and the posts bigger? Let me guess - 0 comments.

Gothic darkwave from the Netherlands is just what I love at 3 AM.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Well I can't answer your question but I can say that I like your new look.